This post contains affiliate links.
Catfish Recipe Blackened Catfish
Catfish recipe Delicious Blackened Catfish
Recipe By:Eric Lubow
Go here to see many other recipes to enjoy.
Catfish recipe Blackened Catfish
“Quick and easy blackened catfish recipe. I like to serve this over a Cajun flavored spicy white rice. Although the rice is optional, the slightly spicy Cajun flavor of the rice brings out the taste of the catfish.”
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- One teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- One teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- one half teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- one half teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) fillets catfish
- one half cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or to taste
Blackened Catfish and Spicy Rice
- Bring the rice, water, Cajun seasoning, and hot pepper sauce to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, mix thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dill weed, and lemon pepper in a bowl until well blended. Brush catfish fillets with butter and sprinkle with seasoning mixture other both sides.
- Heat any remaining melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; pan-fry seasoned catfish in butter until fish is easily flaked with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve catfish over a plate of seasoned rice. Pour leftover butter from the skillet over fish and sprinkle with lemon juice. Now pour a glass of wine and sit down to a fabulous dinner. Then after you have enjoyed this you can go here to see other delicious recipes for you to savor.
Please follow and like us:i-love-fishing.com