This post contains affiliate links.
Fried Creole catfish recipe
Catfish recipes to enjoy!
Fried Creole Catfish-Catfish recipes to enjoy
“Catfish is fried and topped with a hot and spicy Creole sauce. Therefore serve over Cajun-style long grain and wild rice.” Go here to see more recipes.
Ingredients-Catfish recipes to enjoy
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- one half cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay(R))
- One (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste with roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 dashes chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha(R)), or to taste
- 1/4 cup quick-mixing flour (such as Wondra(R))
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- 2 (4 ounce) fillets fresh catfish – cut in half crosswise, then cut lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips
Catfish recipes to enjoy;
- Mix long grain and wild rice mix, contents of seasoning packet, water, and 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Bring rice to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover the pan; simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes. Set rice aside and keep warm.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Then Cook and stir celery, onion, and green bell pepper until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, seafood seasoning, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste with garlic, and cornstarch; stir until smoothly combined.
- Season with chili-garlic sauce; let the sauce simmer, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the fish.
- Then Whisk together flour, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Beat egg in a separate bowl.
- Place panko crumbs into another shallow bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge fish pieces in seasoned flour, and tap off excess flour.
- Dip floured fish into beaten egg, then dredge fish in panko crumbs. Tap off excess crumbs.
- Repeat the process, dipping each fish piece again into seasoned flour, egg, and bread crumbs.
- Pan-fry coated fish in hot oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain fish on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To serve, transfer long grain and wild rice to a platter; top with fish pieces, and spoon Creole sauce over the fish and around the edge of the rice. So now it is time to eat this delicious dish.
- Go here now to see and create other delicious treats.
Please follow and like us:i-love-fishing.com